Search This Blog

Thursday 16 April 2015

Guest Post : Double - Stamping



Hey Guys,

Today I have a guest post from  Makenna from A Nerd and her Nails! Hope you guys enjoy the post as much as I did :)

Over to her!!

Hello there! I'm Makenna from A Nerd and her Nails! Hope you've had a good weekend :D
Today I'm doing a guest post for Rajani, and she'll be doing a guest post for me later this week. Come visit to see what she does!!

Today I have a double-stamping to show you! I finally got my Creative Shop stamper and had to play with it a little.
After some research, I found that I didn't need to do any conditioning. I ended up wiping it with alcohol because the surface was a bit oily, but I didn't need to file it. After wiping, I immediately turned to stamping, grabbing my plates. And... I drew a blank. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. I hate feeling uninspired. So many hopes and dreams that I wanted to live up to the Creative Shop stamper... After some digging, I found some inspiration. Growing up, I loved reading, particularly outside. My mom always had roses somewhere in the garden, and I remember sitting on the porch swing, reading some fantasy book, and breathing in the smell of the roses. So I grabbed my hehe (025) and BundleMonster (BM-323) plates, my MDU polishes in Red and Black, and a lovely polish by Dragon Claw Polish called Wolves of the North (from her Game of Thrones collection, which I am currently marathoning). 

I applied three coats of Wolves of the North on top of my base coat of Pure Ice's Buh-Bye Breakups, as it's a little sheer, and let it all dry. Then I top coated with Diamond Claw from Dragon Claw Polish, and stamped on top of that. I used the script from hehe025 (which is Regulus Black's note to Voldemort), top coated, and then stamped with BM-323 on top. Topped with Diamond Claw, and then oohed and ahhed over by my friends, family, and classmates. 




I quite enjoyed wearing these nails, but alas, being in nail tech school means nothing lasts more than a day or two before I have to remove it, so I don't get to enjoy my designs for as long as I'm used to. I miss these already! 

Thank you for sticking around for this long :) I hope the rest of your April is amazing!!!

Thank You Makenna for this wonderful Double Stamping nailart. i enjoyed it :)
 

No comments :

Post a Comment